Good news +1.

Was surrounded by does and fawns as went out to truck this AM. Made my morning. NW Montana.

We have a 2yo doe that hangs around, who this past spring had one fawn. A month later she evidently adopted a pair of newborn twins, nursed and tutored them all, one of whom made it through the winter thus far. They, another doe with fawn (who is a known but less frequent visitor), and a new doe with twins I don't recall seeing, all chose to converge on the driveway as walked out there. I suspect they make a circuit around the homes in the area snatching bird food. Do wonder what the carrying capacity of the area will prove to be, regardless, in this rural creek community w/ deep snows, some coyotes, and some wolves running the ridges above. Who knows what the future will bring, but for the moment it was quite a sight to enjoy.

Last edited by sandcritter; 03/14/18.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.