Originally Posted by gemby58

I think you may have loosed your mind. Calling RCBS about Redding dies will likely get you nowhere. grin[/quote]

I was just thinking the same thing
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out. There's always someone on this site to point me in the right direction. Boy wouldn't I have looked stupid calling RCBS. Or maybe is was just a slip.

Also why don't you learn how to use the quote reply.

Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Adams
I purchased Redding die set a number of years ago for .308 Winchester. It has full length die and bullet seating die. The die box says .308 winchester .307 winchester on it.

The rifle die set is for a pump rifle my dad had and is seldom used. So this is first time using the die since purchasing a few years ago. I have set up many Redding dies before.

So I set the full length die so that it is just touching the shell holder. However, when I resize the case, the neck is not resizing and not touching the neck expander on the up stroke. I can take a bullet and freely run it in and out of the resized casing.

Do I have an improperly sized die or am I missing something? Questioning if I'm loosing my mind.

Originally Posted by Adams
Well the good news. I'm not loosing my mind. lol. I will give RCBS a call on Monday. Hopefully they'll send me a new resizing die. I hope they just take my word for it but my guess is they will want the bad die. I don't mind sending it to them if they pay for it. I'll find out tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.

I think you may have loosed your mind. Calling RCBS about Redding dies will likely get you nowhere. grin

Thanks also Wttail for your helpful comments don't know what I'd do without guys like you.

Did either of you have any further help on the situation? Or is that all you got?