Since I have my own shooting range on my property I can take my time & not allow my barrel to heat up. Rarely do I take over two shot with out allowing my barrel to cool. I realize using a public range does not allow doing this leisurely approach. . Having worked on sight in days at the local club range there was always some shooters that required extra shooting which resulted in a hot barrel not beneficial to best accuracy. I came up with the idea of using 70% or 90% rubbing alcohol;. You don't want to use your best Scotch or Brandy. Any way a piece of paper towel or a small rag wet with the alcohol rubbed along the length of the barrel will evaporate quickly drawing away the heat. Keep reapplying as the evaporation takes place. In two or three minutes a barrel can be cooled considerably. If you have a blued steel barrel you need to apply some gun lubricant back to the barrel to prevent corrosion. If Stainless your good to go. ."O"Ya . Rubbing alcohol should not be consumed internally. .