What should have happened here is that, immediately after reaching the decision Cruz should have been Baker-acted, he should have been taken into custody (by BSO, or PBSO depending on where he was located at the time), and brought to Henderson for inpatient evaluation. Again, no one knows why this wasn't done, nor did the SRO seem to follow up with that finding, unless instead of Baker acting Cruz, they moved him to the “special school” to follow him.

What the vast majority of the country seems to be missing, and which is not really publicized in news reports, not only does South Florida have horrendous educational leadership made up of politicians and top heavy administrators on the take, we also have a ton of seriously disturbed students being poorly dealt with due to the system. Ive seen it my entire life as my Mom, now retired, was an Exceptional (Special) Ed teacher in Dade County (Miami) for 30 years, and my ex wife a Speech Path in Broward. If I told you some of the things Ive seen and heard, you wouldn't believe it. Seriously emotionally disturbed kids exactly like Cruz taken from schools and programs set up specifically to deal with these kids, and mainstreamed into regular schools and classes, where they continually disrupt and affect other kids’ learning until they get tossed, drop out, or wind up in trouble with law enforcement and placed into diversion programs. In my experience, we current have other kids in school here just as disturbed and dangerous as Cruz, and the admins will not do anything with them either until after something happens. Sad.

Being born and raised in Broward County, and going through public school here, we did not have many, if at all any, significantly disturbed kids in school. My question is, where the hell did all these kids come from?

Craig