Originally Posted by old_willys
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Have you figured in that diesel fuel costs about 20% more than gas? If it costs 20% more to get 10% better mileage, you're losing. Yes, the engine might last longer, but it costs more to buy and to repair. I have a hard time thinking that it's a good deal in smaller vehicles.
However, if you get in OR, you can pump your own diesel.

Last August when I ordered my new Colorado ZR2 I was tempted to order the Diesel, price of fuel was not the reason I went with the V6 but how slow the diesel was zero to 60. Until I retire in a 2 years anywhere I go depends on using the crazy freeways out here and I want all the getup and go I can get. Zero to 60 is 9.1 sec with the Diesel which isn’t terrible but the V6's 7.1 sec is sweet.

The stock truck is actually faster that my 68 Chevelle 327 was when it was new and stock it took 7.5 seconds.

1968 Chevelle with the 327, sweet, now your talking, bringing back some memories from the younger days. Buddy of mine had a 1967 Impala with the 327, but it being such a big lead sled it was not the fastest thing off the line. I learned to drive in a 1969 C-10, 250 CI, inline 6, three on the tree, oh some of the times I had in that truck. Wished I still had it.

Back on topic I have drove a 4X4 GMC, Canyon with the V-6 and it was pretty peppy when I needed it to be, horsepower was 305 or more I think.

Last edited by BIGR; 03/19/18.

NEVER GIVE UP