Keeping the Winchester 1886 or the Marlin 1895 in 33 WCF alive and well is becoming more of a challenge.
You can use cast lead bullets, but there are alternative Jacketed bullets.
I have a good supply of the Hornady 200 gr FPs that are now hard to come by. The Hawk Bullet Company
originally in WY-is now in NJ. Their bullets really work well in the 1886 with FP bullets at 200 grains.

One other idea that I have developed-and it works as a hunting loading: load a few 210 grain /.338 Nosler original Partition bullets; or other 200 gr .338 bullets.
These can be carefully chambered for the first shot while hunting, followed by FP Hornadys in the magazine. Pay attention-do not accidently put a sharp spitzer bullet
in the tubular magazine.
Its not really necessary to use premium bullets in the 1886 33's. Their top velocity is about 2000-2100 fps. At that velocity, the 86-95s will kill
deer and black bear up to elk very reliably. The 1886 was the precursor to the Winchester Model 71. My rapid taper 24 in barrel 1886 has a checked pistol grip and forend.
Combined with a 2/3 magazine-this becomes a Special Order Winchester with great balance. About 32 grs of 4198 produces 2000 fps
with Hornady 200 gr FP bullets in my rifle.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....