Now, I understand all your “22 LR Questions and threads of late...Wifey, is kick’n your dog-ballz all over the shooting range and you want to know to why....Dog, obviously, Wife shoots better than you. SV versus HV drifts. Mathematics on air/ heat/friction pushing the bullet is your huckleberry...Just ask Fuuck Lips Fred! 😎

Wow, I just reread your post. DS, you’re all kinds of serious aren’t you on understanding the LR phenomenon. Here’s my best answer:
At 22 LR velocities and bullet mass being equal between SV and HV the Controlled Factors of bullet weight, QC on ammo production, The Barrel and Rifling Quality are all same-same....

Non Controlled Factors: Heat upon the bullet created inside the barrel from firing...Then bullet leaving the barrel, already heated, creating atmospheric friction, gravitational pull, coupled with natural wind occurring to play upon the direction of the 22 bullet.

Now, use a coating, on one bullet that translates to less heat, allows for wind/air to pass over easily and you will have a bullet that in essence “Bucks the Wind Better”. I’m just gonna buy myself some Eley Match ammo so I can beat my wife...😎

Last edited by Beaver10; 03/23/18.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”