Originally Posted by marlinlover
Originally Posted by djs

Zumbo is a clod, but our reaction just makes us look bad, as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/23/AR2007022301709.html

Negative! Our reaction serves as a warning that we will no longer set by and silently let this crap continue.

If this is to much for you to stomach, maybe you should find another hobby like knitting or something, that's more comfortable then fighting for your second amendment rights.

I don't advocate going belly-up and not fighting, but let's fight for our rights intelligently. Shouting and calling the opposition names does not advance our cause, it makes us look like nuts. The use of sound, logical arguments made in a civil tone will do more than all the boorish yelling some espouse.

Further, I was not saying that we don't have rights, we do! But they are no greater than any other American's; we all live under the same Constitution and Bill of Rights. Whenever a gun proponent starts talking about the 2nd Amendment and how our rights can not be limited, I have to point out that the 2nd Amendment is tied directly to a "well regulated militia" that (as conceived by the founding fathers) is recognized by a governmental agency (usually by a commission from the governor), trains regularly (generally on the village commons after the Sunday church meeting) and, has formal recognized structure (officers and non-coms).

This service is now vested in the military services.