After having one of our dogs "escape" the yard and take off on an adventure, only to be hit by a car within about 1/2 mile of our yard, we have been checking out what is available for GPS tracking set-ups for the other 4 dogs we have. I know, it's closing the barn door after all the cows are gone, but the past is kinda hard to fix frown. We live in a more rural area of our small city. The immediate area is comprised of pasture and timber with cattle (100+ acres), 5+/- and 1/2 acre acre properties with single family homes, as well as some duplexes primarily intended for older near or retired couples w/o children. We frequently see deer and have a fair-sized coyote population on the farm ground. In the last 2 years I have freed, or helped to release, several deer from the fences of our neighbors. One was discovered too late, after the coyotes had dispatched her in the overnight hours.

ANYWAY -
We have been looking at Findster Duo+ and several other brands / types of GPS tracking systems. The real "plus" I see with the Findster Duo+ is that you buy it and have NO additional monthly/yearly cost, but if it doesn't work well, it is not what I want. Whether units attach to collars, have their own collars, are implanted or whatever, we don't have a preference/don't care. We just want something to be able to find our pet in "real time" and bring them home safely. I am convinced that if we had had something like this, we would still have Ruby in our home.

SO - does anybody have any firsthand experience with or recommendations for a good, reliable GPS system for multiple pets? I welcome any assistance and or comments. Thanks to all.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member