Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by liliysdad
...at their core, contains a tourniquet, an Israeli bandage, a Quick Clot sponge, and a chest seal.

Yup. Mine has two R.A.T.S. tourniquets LINK , two Israeli bandages, a two-pack of Hyfin chest seals, two Quik Clot Sponges, a roll of Vet wrap, the Benchmade tool, two large bandanas, a large roll of adhesive tape (my truck always has a roll of Gorilla Tape as does my Range Bag), a Sharpie for marking "Tourniquet Time of Application" and the letter "T" on the victim's forehead if more than one victim is present, and several pairs of 9mil Nitrile gloves , each pair in it's own ziplock "snack bag" with the air squeezed out. The 9mil Nitrile gloves are from Harbor Freight and have a longer-than-usual cuff for added protection. There is also a small locking blade knife, a LED headlamp, and a combination compass/magnifying glass tucked in a corner of the bag.

Ed

I know it's old but I haven't seen this thread before, but please do no use RATS tq's. They have not been recommended, ever, by TCCC and there's good reasons for that.

1: They are very narrow, relying on multiple wraps to to make up width. This leads to a mix of compressed areas and non compressed which causes much faster tissue/nerve damage.
2: The claim of "one-handed application" is crap for a number of reasons. I've tried it and had my joes try, it just doesnt work well.
3: If, when you get done have not occluded the blood flow, you cannot tighten it further without completely loosening it and starting over instead of just tightening the windlass more.

There are plenty of good options out there, stick with CAT's or SOFFT-W or the SAM's.