I’ve run scratchboxes for around 25 years. MOF, I’m not sure why I carry box calls or even a pot most days. I’ve got them in all sizes and materials. One of my first, made by a co-worker’s husband from black walnut is still a favorite for sound. He had a 12x16 cabin/shop with all four exterior walls covered in Turkey spurs and feet. Oddly, his were made to rn backwards from what most run scratchboxes, so they were longe and narrower for sound chamber and hand position, while you moved the striker, not the box. I still run this way most of the time. We also cut/planed some natural slate into striker boards, which was a ridiculously good sound. I’m mulling one of your boxes over the different sound chamber layout. My favorite, day in day out call is a little round Pope’s scratchbox. Hard to beat for small, sound, and easy to hold. I would say that I feel I can generally get more varied and directional tones running the striker, instead of the box, but that’s a personal oddity. Your boxes look great and it’s true that it’s a do-all call, with no peer, IME.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]