Too funny:

https://www.thelocal.ch/20180404/cl...way-swiss-artists-unhappy-meal-sculpture

Cleaners accidentally throw away Swiss artist’s 'Unhappy Meal' sculpture

When an artist plays with the reality, it can have unintended consequences.

That’s what happened to Switzerland’s Carol May recently when her “Unhappy Meal” sculpture was thrown away by cleaners during the hotel-based Harbour Art Fair in Hong Kong.

The work was being displayed in a hotel room converted into an exhibition space along with other pieces by the Swiss art collective a-space.

Like many of May’s pieces, the “Unhappy Meal” sculpture aims to shed a critical light on consumer culture. It resembles the traditional bright red and yellow boxes available at McDonald's restaurants around the world.

But there is a twist: the familiar smiley face has been turned upside down.

“A lot of my pieces involve very small alterations to familiar items: changes that aren’t maybe obvious at first glance,” May told The Local.

Unfortunately, in this case, cleaners at the Hong Kong hotel were also unable to spot the difference and threw away the artwork valued at around 350 francs.

Cleaners quickly rescued the piece from the trash, but it was battered beyond repair.

“Initially I didn’t find it funny at all,” May said. “But later I realised it meant my imitation had been a success.”

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.