Originally Posted by Denvas
As promised, here is the email I received from Toby on the 20th.

On the evening of February 23rd, 2007 the HIGH PERFORMANCE MUZZLELOADING website will shut down.
Then on, or a few days before, April 1st an all-new "MUZZLELOADING HUNTER Web Magazine" will make its debut.

To facilitate the change, the new site will still be accessible using the www.hpmuzzleloading.com address, as well as another new address. Either will take viewers to an opening page, and when they click on the "Enter" button...the "Home" page that opens will offer viewers two different choices...

"MODERN MUZZLELOADING HUNTER"

Or...

"TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADING HUNTER"

And by the end of summer, each of these sections will consist of nearly 50 pages of loading, shooting, how-to, techincal, ballistics information, plus articles on muzzleloader hunting and product reviews/test reports.

By offering the two distinctly different sides of this sport, each side can kind of keep tabs on what's happening with the other side. And hopefully, with the quick easy access to either the "Modern" or "Traditional" side of muzzleloading, the followers of either can learn a little about the other.

Like many regular viewers (nearly 500,000 in 2006) of the HIGH PERFORMANCE MUZZLELOADING website who enjoy shooting and hunting with both the modern in-line rifles and side-hammer traditional rifles...I too thoroughly enjoy both. Since the mid 1980s, I have hunted far more with a muzzleloader of modern design, and probably will continue to do so. However, I still appreciate the lines of a fine original rifle style dating from the late 1700s and early 1800s. And hardly a season goes by that I don't make at least one or two hunts with an older-style muzzle-loaded gun.

The future of muzzleloader hunting lies with each side of this sport having at least a tolerance of the rifles, loads and sights prefered by the other. And the more of us who find enjoyment in shooting and hunting with muzzle-loaded guns of both designs, the better.

I don't expect either side to fully agree with the other...or to spend equal time on both sides of the new "MUZZLELOADING HUNTER Web Magazine". But it will be there if they should feel the need...or to satisfy a curiosity about what's happening on the other side of the muzzleloader coin.

Be sure to check out the new concept on April 1st.

Thanks,
Toby Bridges, Host
MUZZLELOADING HUNTER Web Magazine

I've been promoting his website for a long time now. I kept his webplace in my ML board signature at several different muzzleloading messageboards on the web.

The man didn't even bother to send me an email - informing me he was disabling his board and starting a new one. mad mad mad mad mad mad

I'm done offering my help/services to this guy.
Hasta La Bye-Bye Bridges.

Last edited by Triple_Se7en; 02/28/07.