Originally Posted by JamesJr
I belonged to them for several years, and went to several banquets as well. My gripe was that they were all about the money, and after you constantly to donate, just like the NRA. I told one of their directors that I spent my money on my farm doing things to help the wildlife, including the turkeys, and I wasn't going to donate money to be spent elsewhere. He didn't like my answer, and I didn't like his attitude, so I never joined back up.

I'm sure they do good things, but I prefer to see how my money is being spent.

Pretty much my exact experience.

Donations were being spent to coddle and powder the butts of a few ptsd fake wounded warriors in the area. Take private remf so and so to hunt at a pay-ranch in another state with a couple of bass pro douche bags. Whatever. Meanwhile our 300+ acres of overgrown farmland provided nesting for several different broods in the area that other freeloaders set up shot off cattle hay rings scratching through manure piles.

The banquets were nothing more than disgusting troughs of propane-fired wannabe bbq and sell offs of over bidded upon trailer park home decor. Can buy the same sheeitt at Hobby Lobby for 10cents on the dollar for what fools were bidding on.

As compared to the NRA, insane amount of junk mail out the ass. Still get NWTF crap in the mail weekly.

Probably works out great for bubbas who have hunt on public land. Wasn't doing anything for us. Would've been nice if the good ole boys couldve tossed me a bag of expired round up-ready corn like I had heard about going around under the table.