I clean the scope lenses like I clean my camera lenses:

a. Camera lens cleaning solution
b. Lens brush. Any lens brush, including but not limited to a Lens Pen (never touch the brush with your fingers. The brush must always be free of dirt, oil, moisture, and so on).
c. Lens cleaning microfiber cloth (must be kept clean and free of dustin a small ZipLock bag until needed)

1. If the lens only has surface dust: Brush the dust off with the lens cleaning brush. That's all the lens cleaning you will need to do.

2. Only if the lens has smudges and things like that: Brush-off any dust using the lens brush, moisten the microfiber cloth near one of the corners with a drop of lens cleaning solution, and gently wipe the lens in a circular pattern all around the lens surface with the cloth. Then remove all traces of lens cleaning solution by wrapping a portion of the dry and clean cloth around your index finger, and gently wiping the lens surface in a circular motion. Never press the microfiber cloth with force on the lens, just as gently as needed.

Whatever you do, never wipe the lens surface that is dusty. Dust should never be removed by wiping the lens.

Last edited by Ray; 04/14/18.