Originally Posted by djpaintless
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Don't know what to believe yet... news in the middle of the night showed one intercept that was non mistakable... this mornings news showing damage at the 3 sites was mighty little for some 120 cruise missle if they all got through. Now this morning Russia calls for an emergency UN meeting.

Phil

The intercept video was misleading That missile detonated at an altitude FAR above the level which cruise missiles fly.

Look at how low a operational Tomahawk missile actually flies.

In this video you hear all the bombs going off and then later a missile is fired to a much higher altitude than which Tomahawks fly

Not incontrovertible evidence but it sure seems to agree exactly with what the Pentagon briefer had to say. The Pentagon briefer said unequivocally that all the missiles hit their targets before the Syrians opened fire. I believe the Military official in the Pentagon and I don't believe what Syrian and Russian propagandists are saying.

In addition WE have NO idea whatsover the total extent of the damages caused by the missiles during this attack. All you know about is the few pictures that they have shown you. There could be massive amounts of additional damage that they simply haven't shown pictures of. My thoughts are that this was said to be a precise limited attack so widespread devastation is highly unlikely anyway.

All in all a message was certainly sent. And hopefully we won't have to be doing anything more in Syria. But I wouldn't count on it......

That is exactly right. Same "light show" we saw during the first Gulf War. Bunch of idiots firing AAA ballistically, with really little chance of hitting anything..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”