Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I don’t have a dog in this fight, I mean discussion...But, I do have 6 one shot bang flops between 725 and 847 yards on elk with my Sendero 300 RUM....No flinch. No trigger jerk...Just nice solid holds across the top of my hunting pack.

I would assume a shooter with solid skills BTS would be successful in producing a one shot kill with 1625-1800 FPS with penetrating and expanding bullets. 180gr NAB’s work fantastic in my RUM...I can’t judge abilities via my keyboard...

But, I would know it in a heartbeat, in the field, if a guy was capable of making an 800 yard, one shot stop, just by how he was going about setting up for the shot, using calibers being discussed... 😎

Honestly,I wouldn't even think of an 800 yard shot right now. In my OP I said I may never shoot an animal that far. I do want to put together a fairly light weight hunting rifle capable of killing that far so I can start practicing at longer ranges. I'll never shoot at an animal that far until I am confident that I can make the shot,because I have made the shot a lot in practice.

Built one a bit like you're thinking. 6.5 SAUM (same/same PRC), comes in at 8.75 lbs as you see it. Recoil is no problem at all and Im not limited by numbers or equipment... just conditions and my shooting. So, another vote for the PRC

[Linked Image]

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"