I have been sitting up here in the great white north, waiting for the wind to go down and the temperature to go up. I have 20 work-up, 243 Win cartidges waiting for testing, and 150 more cases sized and ready to go. The seating die is screwed into my Rock Chucker, ready to seat for depth once I have shot the powder charges. I have a bunch of 338 and 7mm-08 that could be re-sized.

So, I ordered a RCBS Partner just for seating. It would free up the Chucker for sizing/de-priming. I really like the Rock Chucker, but wouldn’t mind if the Partner would increase the “feel” on seating as well.

I have heard of using the Partner to reload on the range at the shooting bench. How does that work? Do you size there or take sized cases? I think guys that do this usually use a powder measure at the range as well - do they use a scale? What do they mount the press to?

I’m thinking this would be fun/useful after your charge/pressure testing, to try various seating depths right at the range, but not sure how the process works.