A few years back I had posted a WTB for a Remington 700 Classic in .35 Whelen. Another member of The ‘Fire from out west put me in touch with his father here in VT who had this 700 CDL. I drove up to his dad’s house and bought it cash and a handshake, which, BTW, as of last week is no longer legal in VT. It’s really a beautiful rifle. I had hopes that having a moose rifle might bring me luck in the VT moose tag lottery, but it didn’t work that way at all! I have decided to sell this CDL, rebarrel a Mauser 98 from 7x57 to .35 Whelen, and keep hoping!

I did some load development with Speer 250gr SPTs and RL15. Right at 58gr, the five-shot group tightened up nicely; high-low spread was only 24fps, and SD was just 9.7 fps. So it’s a shooter for sure.

I replaced the original “sticky” Limbsaver recoil pad under warranty from Remington. According to the Remington recall web search tool, this rifle is not affected by the X-Mark Pro® trigger recall. I really like both the look of the stock and how it fits me as a shooter. 24” barrel, matte finish. I will include the original manual and the box label, but I don’t have the box itself. There are two marks on this otherwise flawless rifle: a small chip out of the finish on the grip cap, and a little smudge in the forestock checkering on the bottom. Both are shown in the pictures that are linked here.

Remington does not offer the 700 in .35 Whelen. But you can have this one! Rifle with Talley lightweights shipped in a boxed hard case by USPS Priority Mail insured to your FFL from a non-FFL $800.00. If I have to ship from an FFL, add $25. Leupold VX2 3-9x40 is NOT included, but if you want it with the rifle, make me an offer.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by mrchongo; 04/17/18.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs