I actually like North Woods Law and Lone Star Law. It's entertaining. The Texas lawmen are typically super polite. Every show has it's jerks in it, makes for better TV. I don't know the producers for these shows, but every reality producer I've met, talked with, or worked with, has never provided a script. Ever. They may say, "hey, be sure to talk about why you need to chase that guy" or "don't forget to talk about he potential charges he's facing" or something like that, but they don't give scripts to the people. The producer is trying to put a story together and needs the appropriate continuity to make that happen. If the producer doesn't do that, you end up with a reality show that's voiced over or VO'd. That's when there's a narrator telling the story in the background about what's going on so you can follow the story line. In any case, it's up to the producer to pick what scenes they air and who's featured in those scenes. Generally it's 4:1 or even 10:1 in terms of how much video they film, and to how much they actually feature on air. And as we all know, it's a business, and they want to make money. Make the show interesting, suspenseful, dramatic, and more viewers watch. More viewers = more money.