Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Have you considered the 80 grain TTSX? Speed?, check. Penetration?, check. Accuracy?, depends on the rifle.

On W.T.'s and such, I don't use very low S.D. bullets at hyper velocity. I don't know the S.D. of that bullet, but if below .200 and at high velocity, I'd save'em for 'yotes and such, not use them on W.T.'s... I had a bad result on a W.T.with a 80 TTSX at 3,600 fps out of my .240 Wby. Once was enough.

Just a series of one, but left a lasting impression. Too many better options to go back.

DF

Too much expansion or not enough?

I prefer the 100 grain BT, 100 grain Partition, or 110 grain AB in the 257 Roberts.

Actually both, too much expansion/not enough expansion. It's just where it happened.

Huge blast effect with double hands full of blood clot from chest wall. Not much damage inside the chest, just a pass thru. This 100# doe, ran 100 yds., found her in the woods after dark with flashlights.

The bullet seemed to have expended most of its energy outside the chest wall, wasn't much left to mess up lungs, heart, etc. Very accurate in that gun. I moved on to the 100 NPT, which the .240 likes even better and it kills MUCH more efficiently.

The 100 TTSX at 3,250 fps out of the Roberts is a different matter. It penetrates, devastates, kills quickly with authority.

I'd like to hear opinions about very low S.D. monos at hypervelocity as deer loads.

DF

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Dirt, how in the Sam Hell, do you wring 3250 out of a roberts!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”