I have used the SuperPerformance GMX 150 in 30-06, as well as the 150 SST SP, and Remington's 150 Corelokts in my heavy barreled Mauser 98 for the last several years.i. The SST and GMX run 3-shot, inch groups, at 300 yards, the Corelokts just slightly larger. Federal 180s(Powershok??) do the same, tho I don't recall offhand where they print in relation to the above mentioned. It seems this rifle just isn't real picky....... smile. Probably shoots even NP as well....

At 300 yards the SST loads shoot about 6 inches higher and 4 inches right of the Corelokts, and the GMX about the same from the SSTs.

I have not used the SP loads in any other rifle. I have found no advantage to using GMX vs SST at over 300 yards on caribou. Inside 300 yards, they seem to do a bit less damage than SST, which can create LARGE wounds, especially if hitting bone or large muscle mass. Inside 300 yards, I see no advantage to using either of the SP loads in preference to the Corelokts.

These are all factory loads. I have not hand loaded for this rifle. Pretty sure i can't do better than that for accuracy over the factory fodder! Even if I had better eyesight.....

My experience with Barnes TSX factory loads in .260 and .243 indicates I will probably never buy another box of same in any caliber. Not when those groups are 4 moa and much cheaper Corelokts do moa in those two rifles. Outrageously priced with inferior accuracy just doesn't float my stick.

Might try some TTSX in hand loads when I get back to it. Probably not. All copper bullets (expensive!) just don't excite me much when C&C have proven to do all I require of them with less copper fouling.

Last edited by las; 04/26/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.