I'm sure this has been discussed before but some advice from someone with more experience would help, so heres the question(s)

I am thinking of ordering a Tikka T3X in 7MM rem. mag. and new AICS bottom metal and mags to extend the COAL out to 3.6"
and throat reaming to seat a 175 gr. bullet base flush with the neck shoulder junction.
The question I have is - will long throating add velocity without exceeding SAAMI pressures? and if so how would the reloader know what pressures are?

It seems to me that when one exceeds max coal or the coal used in published recipes with no other changes that pressure and velocity are less than listed,
and if powder is increased to match published velocity one has reached the pressure limit for that recipe.

So my question is what is gained other than a longer cartridge? Does one feel that because the COAL is longer than spec that standard velocity can be exceeded with safe pressures?

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.