Since my last post, I have shot the black MZ in a couple more guns. I hunted doves using an old N.R. Davis caplock double 11 gauge. Using 1 oz. and 1-1/8 oz. of #7 and equal volume Black MZ, it was a real dove killing combination. I switched to #7 from 7-1/2 as it seems to work better on those tough Eurasian ring neck ones. Anyhow, it worked great in the shotgun application. I next tried it in my 20 ga. Pedersoli "trade gun" flintlock. I used a charge of 4f real deal black in the pan. Had bad luck getting the Black MZ to go off in the flintlock. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm just now breaking in to shooting flintlock guns or else it is harder to light off. Sure didn't have any trouble in the caplocks. I wound up poking a wire thru the flash hole and got it to light off that way. Still, was a noticeable hangfire compared to Wano 2F from Graf's. Next, will try it in some BP cartridge guns and see about those. So, the quest continues!

This, I know for sure:
I have had no troubles with any kind of fouling that required me to wipe between shots.
Cleanup is a breeze.
It is not even in the same category as Pyrodex as far as being corrosive goes. I haven't noticed any sort of corrosive effect really.
It is a bit harder to set off than real black but not noticeable with percussion guns for me.
Works great in shotguns and heavyweight bullet guns.

Also, that the jury is still out. Making a call on this stuff right away is like buying a car based on a report by one of the popular car magazines on a new car. Bring me that car in 5 years and then we can make a judgement on whether the car is really any good over the long haul. My opinion, your mileage may vary. Peace out!