I really like my 270 WSM and have enough brass to burn out the barrel. But even though on paper it is more than a 270 Win. with my shooting abilities it is not much more in the field. It is accurate and easy to load for. The brass is hell for stout and Norma and some others were making it at least for the 300.

Only if the short action were a major part of the choice would I go WSM over say 280AI but the 7 @ 6.5 SAUM do have a lot going for them ballistically and in a short action. The 7x300 WSM would assure you brass is available at the expense of no factory loads. I would get what ever you fancy and stock up on brass. The older I get the less differences I see in cartridges as diverse as the 6.5 Creedmoor up to the 7RM. Sure the RM is better for larger game but for deer only the same same could be said for most cartridges from 6mm to thirty.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli