My experience is:

I switched from Core Lokts to Interlocks when CL's were hard to get. I did this after a lot of testing, mostly on deer and antelope.

SST's had better Ballistic Coefficient and I have bought quite a few. So far only paper targets with SST's. I don't know why I was concerned with Ballistic Coefficient as I won't shoot game beyond 300 yards. (I believe doing it isn't that hard, but I like to drop them where they stand, since tracking animals and having animals suffer are both good enough reasons for me to keep the range moderate.) I'll shoot PD's and varmints at 500+ yards and they sure are smaller targets than game animals. I believe getting close to game is "the hunt". Thus "Why did I buy those SST'S?"

I had heard - rapid expansion and shallow penetration with SST's - didn't know if that was true. Thus the question.

I do not recall ever complaining about bullet performance with Interlocks. But I have heard of people not liking the Interlocks at well above 3,000 fps.

Thanks for your answers, it solidifies my thoughts on these bullets. I hope that Hornady will make their SST's perform what I'd call better performance with their SST's though.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally