I can only offer a personal opinion and it's offered only as food for thought. I would never offer such as any type of "instruction guide" for anyone. Many do just that to me and TELL about what I SHOULD DO in areas of my own life and it is horribly offensive IMO.

I adhere to the old adage "Satisfaction obtained from any goal reached is directly proportional to the amount of time and effort invested in order to reach that goal". Not a direct quote but it conveys the correct message.

Like the fisherman that ties his own jigs or traditional bowhunter that makes his own arrows (or even the bow itself) loading my own ammo is as much a part of my hunts as scouting and shooting practice. Should I decide to remove any of it by taking an easier route it would proportionally (if not more so) reduce the satisfaction I get from a successful hunt that I feel is 90% of the why I hunt at all.

FOR ME, every minute I spend researching bullet choices, powder choices and performing the various aspects of working up loads and testing them is part of my hunts and very much adds to whatever satisfaction I obtain from the humane harvest of any game chosen to pursue.

I am painfully aware that this opinion places me within what may be a very small club

"Common sense" tells me that a large amount of factory ammo shoots more than adequately and may be as good, if not better, than my own. When considering the cost of a full battery of loading equipment (I have to start over and buy it all for reasons not important to the conversation) factory ammo, in my case, is also less costly .............but that will not be the path I take.

Again, only going by my own thoughts and opinions, I am unwilling to risk ANY part of the satisfaction I achieve from our sport and loading the ammo that put an animal at my feet is very much a part of that.

2 cents
God Bless!

Last edited by Steve692; 05/16/18.

"I realize that it is natural for the people who disagree with me to think I am wrong, and I am not so arrogant as to deny that possibility."