KG-12 is in a class by itself for dissolving Copper, but its best use is to get Kroil a toe hold under the Copper, so the brush can sweep it out in chunks.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...break_in_barrels.pdf?5242045189986305547

My system [loosly based on Walt Berger's system 18 years ago] is:
1) Moly coat the bullets, not in a medium, but in a plastic container put in the Thumler's Tumbler.
2) Bore coat the barrels and fire them a few times.
3) Clean bore with powder solvent on a patch.
4) Dry patch
5) KG12 on a patch
6) wait 5 minutes
7) Dry patch.
8) 20 strokes (Kroil and Flitz) or (Witches Brew) on a bronze brush (of diameter greater than groove diameter, check brush diameter often.)
9) wait 5 minutes
10) 20 strokes (Kroil and Flitz) or (Witches Brew) on a bronze brush (of diameter greater than groove diameter, check brush diameter often.)
11) Alcohol on a patch
12) dry patch
13) Inspect bore at muzzle with magnification and a light.
14) If an Copper is seen return to step 5), if perfectly clean return to shooting

My system does not have to believe in break in to do it. It is agnostic.

I made a video tonight on how to make a bore inspection light for cheap. Shove the light transmitting fiber optic up the breech, look into the muzzle with magnification. At the focal point you should see how well the bore was lapped. The inspection for Copper at the muzzle is done at an angle.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps