Originally Posted by Switch
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Switch
Originally Posted by johnw
that's about as cool as it gets, and it seems so affordable...

Got me thinking that I have an old 10-22 in a beat up walnut stock. Wonder if there's a sporter 22" barrel available for it?

Green Mountain makes them in factory sporter contour. Great shooter, I believe the also have a 24"

I've got the regular 10/22 DSP (Deluxe Sporter) and I've been thinking pretty hard about those barrels. It might be the next purchase. I tend to keep things pretty "stock" but they just need a little help sometimes. Mine is certainly no target gun as-is. Even my "worst" bolt-action rifle is a good bit better, though no great shakes, either. Both guns handle nicely enough, though. That's important, too, you carry one a lot more than you shoot one.

I have the std contour SS Fluted 22" Shoots 1/2" @ 50 yds and looks very good on my Deluxe Sporter. You'll be happy with it Shoots better than my .920 barrel!

And it handles and carries a lot better. Put a Weaver 2 X 7 rim fire scope and a Kidd trigger on mine and it a dream boat. Like it a whole lot better than the bull barrel models for field use. It is also a very classy looking rifle.

Last edited by Switch; 05/23/18.