There may not be such a scope that is light in weight and have good low light optics. I hunt Roe deer in Romania and mostly use my Blaser K95 in 270 Win in the mountains for this. During some times, like early season in May, the bucks come out real late. This rifle now has a Ziess 3x9x40 Conquest and it is very nice to carry, I would rather not mount a very heavy (over 20 ounces) scope on it and destroy the fine handling qualities that this rifle was made for. In low light I tested a Leupold VX-2 and a Meopta Meopro 6x42 against the Conquest. Through these 70 year old eyes the Conquest barely beat out the VX-2 and the Meopta barely bettered the Conquest. By barely, I had to look through them 10 times to try to discern a difference. I have the #4 reticle in the Meopta and the fine center cross hairs of it disappear when you can still see the Duplex type cross hairs of the Leupold and Ziess.
What do you guys think about the Leupold VXR 3x9x50? The weight would be about the same as the Conquest, "should" be better in low light and it has an illuminated reticle. I would like to hear from those that have had experience with this scope and I would like other suggestions that might work for me. Thanks, RJ