Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Sadly the majority don't read anymore, unless it's simple, click-bait sentences used to push people into a mindset driven by an agenda. I probably read more than 90% of people I know, and even I know I am lacking. I've purchased at least 6 books this year, and still haven't finished one of them. Also, if one is only reading simple fiction that has no rational basis to the real world, I don't consider that reading, as one might as well be watching television as it's useful content is basically nil.

How about complicated fiction?

Sure, I've read quite a few of them, though I prefer to read about things that actually happened or were realistic enough to be possible. Ender's Game was an excellent read, and still one of my favorites even though I'm usually bored with Science Fiction because of it's excessive expanse into completely abstract and superfluous nature. It's probably because deep down, EG could be possible in the future, obviously not anytime soon, as we are too busy trying to figure out how many genders there are, and if it's sexist if one won't suck their girlfriend's penis.

So I'm good with The Bible?

Sure, if it suits you. I've read many parts of it, many years ago, but I have never read it through. While I think that some of the material is thought provoking, most of it seems lackluster. I can say for sure though, there are MANY worse things one could spend their time reading...

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond