Couple instances come to mind , at one time I lived back next to the Blue Ridge Park way , we had bears out the whazoo , black bears .
Went out on the porch and I had left a couple of bags of trash with intentions of going to the dump that morning . Hadn't seen any in a while so that is why I had gotten careless with the trash .
There up in the back of my truck was a bear getting a bag . Guess he wasn't comfortable eating in the bed , so he stands up and has the bag across his mouth and the truck is about twenty feet from me . He looks at me and walks upright to the back of the truck and steps over the tailgate , it was a GMC 1 ton and the bumper was lower than the bed , so when he stepped over he lost his balance and tumbled to the ground in a dust bowl , as it had been very dry for some time . He got up , shook it off , dust a flying and picks his bag back up and walks to the front of the truck , sets the bag down and looks at me like WHAT ? Turns his attention back to the bag and takes both paws and rips the middle out and sticks his head in and starts snooping . At this point , I decided this was enough , fired two rapid shots into a tree and he hauled butt .
Then another time I had harvested a doe , quartered it up and had it on ice in a cooler . Was sleeping and woke up to a noise , mmm that sounds like ice rattling in a cooler , then again , that is ice rattling in a cooler .
Got up got my pistol , opened the bedroom door real easy and there is this big black ass pointing at me , the cooler is on it's side with his head in the cooler and lid across the back of his neck . Tapped my wife on the foot and pointed to the door , she had a look and smiled . I stepped out onto the stoop and rapidly stomped my feet yelling what are you doing ?
Lmao , he let out a big bawl and scrambled , cooler still on his head and oh [bleep] ! Headed right for the side of my pick up .
Just as he was about to collide the cooler came rolling off and he saw the truck , not breaking speed but hanging a hard right you could see gravels kicking off his claws as he barely missed my truck , letting out another bawl and digging feet to the darkness .

It was hilarious . Any body got some bear stories ?
Kenneth