The other day I was working in the barn, and hear the Catahoula raising heck in front of the house. I walk up there, where I had the garage open, my kayak and fishing stuff in the back of the truck, and some tools out on the driveway.

There's a car parked and a guy standing at bay. He asks if this is such n' such address. I tell him no. He tells me my dog bit him. I say I wouldn't doubt that. He claims he's an insurance adjuster and goes on private property all day long. I tell him yes, but you're not on the "correct" private property. He tells me the dog bit him again, like I'm supposed to wave a wand and make it go away. I tell him she has every right to be here; he doesn't. He mumbles something that he has to report this....go right ahead. I didn't see any blood nor torn clothing.

He drives away, and I go to the neighbor down the street where he was SUPPOSED to be. Not there. I think he went home to change his underwear or cry to management. Never heard from him again.

I have no problem with the dog's reaction on my front door.

Just edited this post as she almost caught another intruder...and thankfully I was able to muster enough of an Alpha command to stop her. I let her sniff after the wet work, and she got a few pokes. Would have been hell to find a vet on a Saturday night on Memorial Day weekend....whew!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RedAstrachan; 05/26/18.