I was going to guess $1000 also.

FWIW that can be fixed without painting the whole fender. Find a shop that specializes in small paint and bumper repairs and they'll be able to fix that by spot painting and blending it to the fender. I had a BMW 535 that had a couple of small paint scratches when I got it, both worse than that, and they fixed them both for $500 with the repairs being completely undetectable. I wouldn't have believed it but they turned out perfect. A big benefit to that is that you preserve as much of the factory finish as you can and with today's factory painting systems that's always going to be more durable than a repaint by a body shop. Of course if you go to a regular body shop they're going to say you have to repaint the fender, but after seeing what these guys can do I'd never let a body shop talk me into repainting a whole fender for a small scratch like that.

Call a local new car dealer and ask who they use for their touch up. All dealers have somebody on call because often new cars come off the truck with rock damage or curb rash from the high school kid that loaded it on the trailer. You'd be surprised how many "new" vehicles have been touched up. If the dealer won't tell you then call a local paintless dent repair guy, he'll more than likely have a touch up guy that he works with if he can't fix something 100% by paintless repair.