Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by Outbackman
Originally Posted by dla
The Ruger Security 9 is the best value Glock 19 you can buy today IMHO.

Except for the fact that it’s not even a striker fired gun. I did hold a security 9 and it’s size and rear sight is about all that’s in common with a Glock 19. And i will say that if it was more lefty friendly i would have one already. Just way to many choices in that size and price range to not me either ambi or at least switchable.

Have you held a Glock 19? The security 9 is nearly identical. Who cares about striker fired? The Security 9 is a much better value than a Glock 19

The only thing I don't care for is the safety.

For your average schmuck buying their first pistol, the security 9 is the way to go.

If looks make it a better value than a Glock that’s great. There is only a dozen or more new guns on the market that are clearly going after that market share the 19 has held for so long. I’m not or didn’t knock the ruger. I actually sought one out and passed because it’s not lefty friendly. Certainly they will sell plenty of them. Over all I think it’s great for the market. Probably drive other companies to lower prices to keep up

Proud supporter of the NRA.