Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Was kind of surprised to see quite a variety of 6.5 PRC factory ammo as well as brass at sportsman’s Warehouse but so few rifles chambered in the 6.5 PRC.

^^^^ This is kinda scary. ^^^^ If stores are stocking ammo for rifles that don't exist, we've got a pretty good recipe for failure. When the next buying period comes around, retailers simply will not re-order merchandise which doesn't sell, and this ammo cannot sell if there are no rifles to use it in.

I hope what we have here is that Hornady knows something we don't, and a few major manufacturers will be bringing out 6.5 PRC rifles shortly.

I'd love to see Winchester and Ruger both do so, and even Remington (although I would not buy a Remington). All of Winchester's WSM models would be easy to adapt, as would Remington's old SAUM models. Ruger chambers both RCM and WSM models, so easy there, too. This cartridge also seems a natural for what Browning has been doing lately with the outstanding X-Bolt series of rifles. I'd like to see this in the standard X-Bolt versions as well as what would seem perfect for the Hell's Canyon Speed and Hell's Canyon Long Range.

Last edited by seattlesetters; 06/02/18.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?