Originally Posted by vapodog
I do my adds on AR as there is a class for firearms and another for accessories.....also they stay on page 1 for a much longer time.....and I have good results selling items there because of that. I gave up on the 24 hour classifieds a long time ago.....seems they just move from the front page too quick.

I got away from the 24 Campfire classifieds because by the time I had dropped an item low enough that someone took it, that's just what they did...TOOK it. In my experience I had to either start with the equivalent of a "low-ball" offer or drop my asking price several times to the point I was asking for 60 cents on the dollar for "like new" scopes or guns. One handgun I tried to sell, a Gary Reeder travesty, didn't attract any buyers, and rightfully so. THAT was an expensive lesson for me. But other quality items I've placed in the classifieds in the past I either withdrew them and sold them elsewhere, or I dropped the price until I was selling my gear for 60 cents on the dollar. I'd rather jam it in the dirt in my wife's flower garden as an ornament than give a piece of gear away. We have the greatest and largest collection of sportsmen/hunters/shooters on the 24 Hour Campfire, much better than any other site on the Internet, and they are all (with a couple of exceptions) very knowledgeable, extremely helpful, patient and friendly when asked for advice. However, most squeeze their pennies until they scream. laugh