So we got a flier for the Father's Day sale at Cabelas. On the front page, they had Cabela's branded spinning reels on sale for $15.99. I had a gift card, and we needed an outing, so we went to the Cabela's store in Owatonna, Mn. I could use a couple new reels,so it seemed like a worthy trip. It's about an hour south of us. We got down there, went to the reel count and inquired about the reels. The guy said we're sold out-that was a clearance reel and there's none left, turned his back on me and walked away. I had to call him back, and ask if they had a substitute product, as the ad said nothing about it being a clearance product, or limited quantities. The guy provided no help, or answers and once again turned his back on me and walked away. It pizzed me off that I drove an hour to be treated to the back of this dude's head, and not showing any desire to help me whatsoever.

Long story short, we went back home and I contacted Cabela's to let them know I was disappointed with the service. I got a call back from the rep on Sunday-she got me a nice Pfluegger spinning reel that priced at $30.00 for $20.00 and no shipping. She was pleasant to work with and did a good job on the phone. I wouldn't have even gone down there if not for the gift card. Their prices are very high, unless something's on sale or clearance, and their salemen seem to think they don't need to provide decent customer service. At least their help desk actually helped, but it could have easily been avoided if the guy hadn't turned his back on me and walked away twice. I can't believe they didn't have an alternate product to use if they had limited quantities on that reel.

Last edited by gophergunner; 06/11/18.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla