Hanco what a cutie. I always worry when one of the youngsters shoots a good deer right off the bat as they may not get another for a long time, but a good problem to have.

RE: The 95 grain BT may well be one of the best 6mm cup and core bullets around. For deer I think I like them even better than the Partition, but let me shoot a couple dozen more with each before I hang my hat on that opinion. I have not used them on bear but have on several hogs some approaching big bear size at 300+ lbs. If I wanted to be loaded for bear so to speak I would go with a Partition, Accubond, Woodleigh, Barnes or other mono's, before using the BT. This is a little counter intuitive as the BT would theoretically drop a bruin faster. I have very limited experience with bear but I think hogs share some of their capacity for soaking up lead if things go wrong. Black bear are pussy cats except when their not. They seem to usually show up at last light and a dark target in low light could lead to a botched shot.

I have been in situations where all I could see was black and only by moving off target and guessing how high I was holding could I make a shot. This scenario could lead to problems. So yes the BT will work really well except when it doesn't, IE: Texas heart shot on a rapidly retreating boar. Plan for the worst case and enjoy the best.

Very rarely we will run into a Hogzilla of a Hog that may go 600+ lbs. If I know there is a chance encounter then I up the ante to 7mm or all the way up to 375 H&H and feel much more comfortable. I know I could kill any hog around with a head shot with anything bigger than a 22 short but I have witnessed these and 25 acps not killing a trapped boar.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli