Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Never underestimate road hunting! Deer, especially in the rut, don't care where the humans are if they want to be there.

There is at least one of the BH units that has CWD, so you probably have special regulations about bringing one home from there. It may encompass the whole BH altogether for your state, so check your regs.

There are so many vast places to hunt in the BH that it really comes down to picking your type of terrain, and then focusing on finding deer within that habitat.

There is not really a lot of cropland within the BH units, so you won't have crops to concentrate the deer as much as you're probably used to. But if you can find alfalfa or corn anywhere near NF land, then you know where to be early in the morning when they come off the field to bed uphill on benches just below the summits.

I usually hunt the big woods so the deer are eating buds, grasses, hell...probably some pine cones up on the Iron Range. lol. Most of the time the feed where we hunt is in clear cuts and blow down areas. New growth.

I will be there before the serious rut starts it sounds like. I'm hoping to be in the woods opening morning and be there for up to a week.

Camp is where you make it.