I was sitting on the front porch smoking a while back when my wife came outside and informed me I was the new owner of a .256 Newton !!! She had WON the bid !! When she gets started on the bidding, its hard to stop her. Something about "winning" Ha Ha Ha

So, I am quite proud to own this fine little rifle. It is an early Newton, serial #18X, in all original condition, 85% on the blue, and the stock still retains 100% of its original finish. The bolt peep is original Newton, and I have found out reading on these rifles, the barrel is rifled by POPE !!! How exciting to discover. Also read in one article that "most of the Newton Arms employees came down the Grand canal from Savage Arms." So maybe this makes my topic Savage related :):):):)

Due to the damn heat here in Texas I am not able to really get into shooting it yet. Have formed and loaded a few and she shoots exceptionally well. Can't wait for cooler weather to really enjoy this little beauty. Oh, one more thing that surprised me ....... the stock is cast-off for a right handed shooter. I don't know if it was ordered this way or if it was standard. I'm sure that some of you already own a Newton, and probably know much more about it than I. I would appreciate any more info that you could share.

Have wanted one of these since I was in my early 20's. So at 76, thanks to this computer age, I finally got to have one !!

(I am having a time with the photos, my files are too big, so I will send one, and the rest in a bit)

Attached Images
20180630_143522.jpg (96.1 KB, 232 downloads)

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM