Just a comfort thing. I feel naked without one. I've been carrying a handgun daily in one uniform or another, plain clothes and off-duty since I was 19, and continue to do so. I made arrangements with the PH before I left to borrow his 1911. I really didn't need it.

Myself and Richard Mann were the only two that discussed carrying a handgun while there. Richard borrowed a handgun on his prior hunts there. The day before I left I handed the 1911 over to Richard. I took a custom holster and a few accessories, which I left with the PH. Good equipment there is expensive and hard to come by.

From talking to him, and I'm paraphrasing, so don't hold me to a possible misinterpretation, they can own 4 registered guns. One of which can be designated for self defense. Now, if they belong to a club, sport shooting, hunting they can own more than four if they can show a need and get permission. So, as long as the gun is registered and designated for self-defense it can be carried open or concealed. I saw more than a few people in the Kimberley area carrying handguns openly.

Tim,

We had wild game each night. I ate Zebra, which was my favorite, slightly sweet with a grainy texture. They also served Springbok, Kudu, Red Hartebeest, and Impala. It was all good. Didn't get to try the Black Wildebeest, which was probably served after I was gone. Nothing went to waste, as they have about 20 staff members with family that live on the concession. The meat is divided among them.

Respectfully,

Dave