When I was a kid the first couple of rifles I had only had irons. Most we upgraded to a Lyman peep sites. Being young sharp of eye and with quick reflexes I made some of my best shots on running game with those rifles, ones I wouldn't even consider now. I would remove the aperture for a sort of ghost ring and with lots of practice on jack rabbits a running dear was not out of the question. Since going to scopes now I won't even attempt a full speed running shot unless everything is perfect which it seldom is.

I would see if the NECGG could be adapted. The Lyman I wouldn't want to carve up a nice stock unless that was a permanent install.

I would go old school with the 160 partition and this would be good for Elk in timber or any type of still hunting.

I would give Tally a call to see if their peep and"daptar" bass combo might work and hopefully not look to cobbled up.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli