Originally Posted by GF1
BTW, I have no idea what the Nosler 210 gr. Partitions looked after doing their work, as I have never had an animal stop one. That includes a bullet that went through both shoulders of a bull elk.

My first dead elk experience ( many years ago), my hunting buddy killed a decent 6x6, shot at close range ( under100), with a 210 Partition, from a .338 WM, pushed hard ( his brass were only good for a few reloads)..... bullet recovered, forward jacket folded tightly against the base. The recovered bullet only weighed approximately 60 to 65% of original weight and less than .40 cal. A very “sick” elk, after the shot, but it required a follow-up shot!

I think that it’s a good bullet....but “not” the best! MHO It does however, “play hell” with a poorly placed shot, on a pine grouse ( bullet “not” recovered grin)...... nothing left for the pot! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 07/05/18.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024