Originally Posted by wyomike
The last two trips to the rifle range, I started having trouble extracting the cases from my Lija barreled Remington in 25/06. Checked the cases for length and they were fine. I took it to my gunsmith who checked it out and he can't find anything wrong. He said it had a" sticky" chamber and he's going to polish the chamber. Has anyone ever heard of this ? The barrel has about 150 rounds thru it, and it's always been a bit of an effort to extract the cases, but it's gotten to the point where I would have to pound on the bolt handle to extract them now. Any body else ever have this problem.
Thanks,

Interesting timing here... I have a customer I built a rifle for who's having similar issues.. He sent the rifle and the three types of ammo he was using, saying they all stick a bit except one that simply will not extract... I checked everything from front to back.. Headspace - correct. Chamber clean/polished - correct. Of the 3 he sent, one batch made by Sellior and Bellot simply does NOT like this rifle.. Every case stuck and had to be tapped out. The rest, including three other makers of ammo I had on hand here + my own reloads worked perfectly.. Only thing I can think of is the S&G brass is a bit too hard and does not want to 'collapse' back in order to extract.. I know he's frustrated, but I cannot fix what I cannot find to be wrong.. I even tried that S&G stuff in another, factory 6.5X55 Win. FWT and found it to be plenty sticky to extract in that rifle - but it did finally come out. I just think he got a batch of bad ammo.. It happens.. I've had it happen here with a brand-new box of .260 Rem ammo... They would NOT chamber.. Finally I closely examined the shells and noticed slightly crushed shoulders..

Called Rem - they wanted it back and gave me a new box. Those worked properly.

Originally Posted by Jericho
Mike, by chance have you just had your rifle reblued? Sometimes the bluing can get into the chamber and cause problems like your describing. .
You might not know that all blued rifles are blued all the way through; chamber, rifling, action etc.. Bluing does bupkis.. But "coatings" can cause issues if the chamber's not properly plugged to prevent entry.

Originally Posted by wyomike
We did scope it, and found very minor tools marks at the base end of the chamber.
That can/will happen at any time.. Every barrel I chamber gets polished with 400 grit wet/dry paper to ensure a smooth, mark-free chamber..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!