The same bullet that I load, and that has worked well for my daughter’s .270 Win., on deer and antelope. It’s pretty tough to beat a bullet that will retain ( more often than not) near 100% bullet weight. Which, will likely give an exit wound with most any shot on a moose....unlike many other bullets mentioned that likely will lose 35% or their original weight. The greater weight retention...the greater the probability of exit wound via deeper penetration! Most bullet tests performed on game animals and through lab ballistics gel tests....suggest that the bullet that I propose will out perform most of the premium bullets offered by other major manufacturer. That bullet: the Barnes 140 grain TSX.

Barnes TSX 140 grains (original weight) minus 5% weight loss ( generally less than 5%) after impact on game = approx. 133 grains weight retention

Highly recommended 150 grain (original weight) minus 35% ( typical weight loss) after impact on game = approx. 98 grains weight retention

Logic suggests that the 133 grain bullet will continue on it’s path, farther and straighter than will the 98 grain bullet of similar frontal area! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024