Being an ol' fogy, it's tough to change how you've done things......and what you've used for decades, BUT....technology has come up with some winners in the optics area........it seems.

Tossing around going variable.....and with a lit dot reticle.

Probably the VX-R 2-7x33 but I would appreciate answers to a few questions from those who own them. I'd RATHER have a VX-5HD in 1-5x24.......but I'm not sure I'm "that brave" yet. whistle I DO like the fact that the eye relief does NOT change going from one power to another on them though. Yeah, yeah.......the others don't change "much"..........but I notice it and don't like it. Not one bit.

FWIW, shots over 200 yards are few and far between. 90 percent under 150 yards. 300 yards is about extinct in my area unless I go sit in a picked cornfield along this brushy creek I've watched for a decade. Lordy have I seen some monsters walk that ditch. No hunters either. One got blasted at the end of the ditch in a small woods. (LONG ditch bank) 11 point 227 lbs.........gutted. OMG mass in the rack.
Was pretty awesome though. A young lady's first buck.

I've seen a couple I think are larger on occasion, through binoculars.
First and last light.....and often in heavy fog is when they seem to travel during shooting hours.....except chasing a hot doe. No rules then.

It has me thinking dual X with a lit dot.

While these reticles have an adjustable range of brightness, just how much area does the dot cover at different yardages? I think both are rear focal plane.

and

Would you buy one again and if not the one you bought..........WHICH one and why?

I'm a total ignoramus when it comes to lighted reticles. Any insight would be appreciated. EITHER is more than I've ever spent on glass so.......asking for experiences, good and bad.

Right now its a toss up between the two. (and 300 dollars LOL)

God Bless
Steve

Last edited by Steve692; 07/12/18.

"I realize that it is natural for the people who disagree with me to think I am wrong, and I am not so arrogant as to deny that possibility."