Originally Posted by duckslayer56
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by duckslayer56
I had a 2013 model 70 FWT in 243 and would agree with your buddy, they can be sketchy. I never could get that rifle to shoot well and ended up selling it. I'm not saying all those rifles are not shooters, I'm just saying in my experience with that one rifle in the same caliber...it was a dud. I tend to shy away from BACO Winchesters now.

Still got a ton of reloading stuff for that 243...I just need to find a new haven classic to use it on, or finally pony up the cash for a pre-64.

Good luck with the buy, I hope it's a shooter.

Blah blah blah... I had a new haven classic that shot like [bleep] fouled bad... The barrel was made by a disgruntled employee.. anyhow jes rebored it to 338 wsm no more accuracy issues..

This one wasn't a classic though John, it was a BACO, not a 7 digit NH closing the plant Winchester, there shouldn't have been any disgruntled employee or anything with that rifle. I'm pretty sure you even shot it and couldn't get it to shoot.

Anyway it's long gone now. I will admit I'm highly interested in the model 70 extreme weather rifles though.

No you were singing the praises of new haven classics when in fact they produced plenty of duds. Case in point I have 5 digit classic in a 7-08 that will not shoot 140-150 anything but stuff 160 plus bullets in it and it's a shooter. But who is lobbing 160's out of a 7-08.. I take that back it will shoot 150 ballistic tips.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.