Originally Posted by tmitch
If all you're looking to do is shoot sub-sonics, look no further than the 10-22. I've fired thousands through mine (with a can) without issue. The 550-1 will go a couple steps further and function with CCI Quiets and CB Shorts though.

No, I'm not just looking at shooting sub sonics...I live within 300 yds of a couple of houses and quite often (at least once a week and usually at night) the coyotes here start circling the chain link perimeter fence (Boat/RV storage yard) with about 8 acres out of 20 fenced in...they yip and yap and raise hell.....I think they're trying to get my JRTs to come out and play....during the day, I really don't care much about noise, because we sometimes allow our customers to hunt on the property, but at night, I'd prefer the neighbors didn't know I was shooting....I've got a bid in on a 550 on GB right now...I think the CB shorts might work nicely with a red dot optic. Around 4 this morning (when I went out to pee) I seen one sneaking around the front gate...these coyotes around here are sneaky as hell....