Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
It’s pretty solid at 5-6x’ish. If that will work for your use, I think you’ll dig it. I have been trying to convince myself to use it on a bolt gun for a while.

When I was thinking on one, I read a couple of reviews from guys who used Frank Proctor's and they thought the scope was stretching it for use on 8x. One even said if you were gonna use it as a 1-6 it would be fine but if you wanted the 1-8 spring for the ATACR. Sound about right?

I bought the 1-8 trijicon, its a heavy 34mm, 32 or so ounce mother, I don't know how it compares to the 17 ounce NXS..I don't have the sharpest vision in the world however I don't see a problem with it at 8X on range targets during the day . i like the locking turrets on it, the illumination in the red is usable though I have not tried it much, the FF Plane reticle works for me at 1 and 8 but again don't have any comparison against the NXS, it dials accurately and appears to be a rugged rifle scope however I have not beat it up too much. I think I could consider the NXS 1-8 at 17 ounces but it sounds from the discussion above that its more readily usable as a 1-6.